Your shopping cart is empty!
We shall keep your Personal Data confidential and shall ensure that our
policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention,
disclosure, transfer, security and access of your Personal Data comply with the
laws of Hong Kong.
Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”)
This PICS is issued pursuant to the PDPO in relation to the operation of our retail business by Earth Trek (HK) Limited (together referred to as “we” or “us”).
1. This PICS is last updated on the Effective Date.
Under this PICS, unless the context otherwise requires, the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
2.1. “Database” means the database of our customers’ Personal Data.
2.2. “Effective Date” means 03th Nov. 2018.
2.3. “Our Customer Hotline” the hotline number(s) is available on Our Website.
2.4. “PDPO” means the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486).
2.5. “Personal Data” has the meaning ascribed to it under the PDPO.
2.6. “Our Website” www.propolia.com.hk
2.7. “Registered Customer” means our customer who has registered for an account in Our Website.
“Retail Goods or Services” means sales of goods or provision of services in relation to any of the following (whether through physical or online channels): hygiene & body care products, cosmetic care products, ENT products, beehive products, plenitude & serenity products, pet care products and services.
Personal Data: what
we collect and why
3. In order for you to become a Registered Customer and to enjoy our various products and services, it is necessary for you to provide us with certain essential Personal Data as indicated at the time of collection. We may also ask for other information which helps us to offer you tailored products and services that we think may be of interest to you. The types of Personal Data we may collect include your name, address, email, telephone number, date of birth, gender, age, shopping preferences and hobbies.
4. We shall have the right to collect, hold, process and/or use, the Personal Data in the Database in each case for the purposes as set out in, and in accordance with, this PICS. If you are unable or unwilling to provide us with complete and correct Personal Data, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide our products and services to you.
Use of your Personal Data
5. You agree that the Personal Data you provide to us and all information relating to the use of Our Website may be used and retained by us for:
5.1. processing your application as a Registered Customer;
5.2. providing you with our services;
5.3. the normal management, operation, and maintenance of Our Website;
5.4. providing you with regular communications from us with details of our retail business and relevant benefits;
5.5. providing you with Retail Goods or Services which you have requested;
5.6. processing your order for purchases at Our Stores, including verifying your payment details/status;
5.7. carrying out prize draws, games or competitions which you have entered;
5.8. carrying out data sorting and analysis to enable us to better understand your characteristics and buying behaviour and to provide other services better tailored to your needs, and to assist us in selecting Retail Goods or Services that are likely to be of interest to you;
5.9. designing new or improving existing services provided by us, We to you;
5.10. investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions, and research for service improvement;
5.11. prevention or detection of crime;
5.12. disclosure as required by law; and
5.13. aggregated behavioural analysis.
6. With your consent or indication of no objection, we will use your Personal Data for direct marketing to you (whether by post, email, phone, SMS, or other media whether now known or available in the future) in relation to offers and promotions.
7. We may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) your Personal Data to our agents or contractors under a duty of confidentiality to us who provide administrative, data processing, research and marketing, distribution, telecommunications, professional or other similar services to us.
8. We may also disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) to any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to your Personal Data in connection with a re-structuring of our retail business, and/or merger (as between us and a third party), sale, or transfer (whether of assets or shares, in whole or in part), to use, hold, process or retain such Personal Data for the purposes mentioned in clauses 5 and 6 above.
Browsing information collected from you (Cookies)
10. The types of data we may collect from you when you visit the Sites include:
- information about the type of browser you use;
- details of the web pages you have viewed;
- your IP address;
- the hyperlinks you have clicked; and
- the websites you visited before arriving at our Site.
11. You may refuse to accept Cookies (by modifying the relevant Internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system), but to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate all of the functions and services of our Sites.
Your rights in relation to your Personal Data
12. You have the right to:
12.1. check whether we hold any of your Personal Data;
12.2. access your Personal Data held by us;
12.3. require us to correct any Personal Data which is inaccurate;
12.4. ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to Personal Data and the type of Personal Data held by us;
12.5. opt out from receiving direct marketing materials from us at any time.
Any request in relation to the above shall be in writing (sent by post or email) and addressed to:
Earth Trek Customer Service Department
TSIMSHATSUI KL, HONG KONG
For enquiries, please contact Our Customer Hotline (+852 - 3115 2111), which can be found on Our Website.
13. In accordance with the Ordinance, we have the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any Personal Data access request.
Protecting your Personal Data
14. We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data you provide to us against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, authorized disclosure of, or access to your Personal Data.
15. Our Website may contain hyperlinks to other websites provided by third parties. We do not control these third party websites or any of the content contained on those websites. Once you have left our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement for the website(s) you visit.